This software is designed to allow users to work with various things in the game, Counter-Strike Online (CSO for short). This software was previously called NARTool, because it only worked with the NAR files. But since then there are more tools which do not work with NAR files. I have not recreated the command-line versions of this software since it was apparently too difficult for the average CSO user to understand how to use. Thus they have all been replaced by GUI versions. (Though you can still load/queue files via command-line.)
The following people helped to reverse engineer the file format.
This software requires Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0 or later.
1. Make sure Microsoft .NET Framework (version 2.0 or later) is installed.
2. Extract CSOTools to the folder of your choice.
Note: If you change CSOTool's location, you will lose most/all of your saved settings. This is a limitation in .NET framework that I do not want or know how to work around.
archive extractor is used for extracting files from NAR files (which I
have dubbed Nexon Archives, after the name of the company that develops
CSO). This tool provides a simple and easy to use graphical user
interface. It also has the option to use the built-in model decryption
automatically when extracting the archives.
* Right click on folders and/or files to extract or verify a specific files/folders.
* You can drag NAR files directly into the window to automatically open that file (instead of using the File->Open command).
model decryptor is used for decrypting specific model files which have
been intentionally encrypted by Nexon to keep them from being used
outside of CSO. This tool also provides a graphical user interface. It's
not as refined as Extractor's user interface, but it should work.
* You can drag files/folder into the list box to automatically queue them.
* You can drag a file/folder into the input text box to set it's text to the dragged item's path.